Dress Code Children
- Centre Stage School has a mandatory dress code for all classes. Please click here to get a full list of uniform and dance attire.
- Students who register for certain classes must pay a once off costume fee to cover all costume requirements for the entire year (September- May). Musical Theatre students are required to pay €12, Dance students €12 and Theatre Tots students €10
- All payments for classes are due prior to each 15 week term. There are two 15 week terms in the academic year. (September –January and then February – June) Payments must be made online, over the phone or by calling into the main studio in Mallow with cash, card or cheque.
- Stage Payments may be offered to families taking three or more classes within one term. E.g. Week 1= half fee, Week 7= remaining balance. Stage payments are also offered to Theatre Tot students in pre-School facilities.
- Class fees are Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable after attending three weeks of class. Once full payment is made we will allow for a student to attend class for three weeks. If they feel this class is not suitable we can then transfer the fee to a different class or give a refund minus a 20% administration charge.
- Class tuition fees do not include examination fees which are to be paid to the relevant examining board eg LAMDA or Royal Irish Academy or ISTD. Parents will be made aware when registering for a class if there will be additional exam fees. You will be notified in advance if your child is not considered ready to take the exam.
At Centre Stage School we take great pride in the professional standards of our classes and public performances. Our class program is a 15 week commitment and it is essential that all students attend all classes . Registering for a class at Centre Stage is a commitment to our teachers and fellow students to attend class promptly and consistently. As a matter of courtesy, you should notify the office in case of absence. Students arriving ten minutes after class begins may be asked to observe the class. Proper warm-up exercises, as in any physical activity, are critical to building a solid technical foundation and for injury prevention. Only under extreme cases of illness can it be acceptable for a child to miss a performance as all performance work is GROUP BASED. Having one person missing creates huge problems for their fellow class members. Dates for performances are always given well in advance and any aware absenteeism has to be notified to the teacher immediately. During the rehearsal process for a show, no more than 2 absences will be allowed(unless for severe medical reasons) or you may be asked to withdraw from the show. This rule will be very strictly adhered to for September 2012.
Class Cancellation Policy
Centre Stage School reserves the right to cancel any class(es) that fail to meet our minimum enrolment requirement. In the event of such a cancellation, you will firstly be offered an alternative class place. If a suitable alternative class place is not available, you will be refunded for any remaining classes in the term.
Child Protection Policy
Centre Stage School is committed to protecting all of the young people in our care. A copy of our Child Protection Policy Guidelines is available on request to all parents. Please email us at email@example.com if you wish to obtain a copy.
Photographs taken within the school are done so in a controlled environment by professionals. These photographs are only used for PR purposes for our website, our facebook page and for publication in local newspapers. If you do not wish your child to feature in photographs please contact the office.