Covid Safety Procedures
Below are the list of protocols we have in place when summer camps start in studio:
Centre Stage School
Covid-19 Safety Guidelines for Parents and CSS Community
We want to thank you and your family for choosing to be a part of Centre Stage School and for entrusting us with playing a role in your child's artistic education and expression. Please be assured that we will be operating within current government guidelines but all the while ensuring that each summer camp is fun and engaging for all. We will adapt as restrictions evolve, and the most important thing to us is to keep everyone safe in order to ensure our community’s health. If you have any concerns or questions about our Covid Safety Procedures or any of the changes made in the school, please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aideen and all at Centre Stage School
Please fill in the Return to Class/Work form here
Centre Stage facilities has been risk assessed by management at Centre Stage in association with Morley Safety Consultants in August 2020 and the following procedures have been implemented.
Controlling the spread of Covid19 at Centre Stage :
Entering and Exiting Camps
- Camp start and finish times have been staggered to reduce the amount of traffic.
- Separate entry and exit points to the building where possible.
- Additional staff to oversee the safe arrival and collection of students.
- Clear signage to guide parents to correct entry and exit points.
- New marquee (12m x 6m) erected outside the Mallow studio to facilitate the queuing of parents and students during inclement weather.
- Clear marked signage and barriers will be erected to maintain social distancing of students and parents at all times while queuing before and after camp.
- We ask all parents to wear face coverings while queuing before and after class.
- All staff members will complete a Return to Work form before resuming work.
Sign in Procedure
- It is compulsory for all parents and staff to complete the back to class declaration two days before classes resume.
- Non contact temperature check for everyone on entry to the building.
- Students or staff members with a temperature of 37.5 or above will be isolated and HSE guidelines will be followed accordingly.
- Attendance records (Name of student, Date and Camp attended) are recorded and securely stored daily. Records will be kept for 15 weeks in accordance with contact tracing guidelines and GDPR protocols.
- Any person presenting one or more of the following symptoms will not be permitted into the building: A fever, cough or breathing difficulties, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, aches and pains.
- All persons will be asked by staff to sanitize their hands on entry.
- All students proceed straight into their assigned camp following social distancing rules.
- We ask all parents and students to arrive and be collected from camp on time.
- Centre Stage School will adhere to all HSE and NEPHET social distancing recommendations at all times.
- Each studio is marked with clear floor indicators to help students stay within their own space.
- All class groupings have been reduced in size in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines.
- No hugging, kissing, hand shaking will be permitted within the building.
- All but essential furniture has been removed to create as much space as possible.
- No parents/carers are allowed into the building without an arranged appointment.
- All payments for camps, class fees, exams, competitions and merchandise must be made through our website. We no longer accept card machines or cash payments.
- Camps will operate in pods of 16, as per HSE guidelines for Childcare Facilities. Pods will never interact and will line up, enter and leave the studio at separate times. If siblings are in separate camps, please adhere to the drop off time of the younger sibling, and the older sibling will be supervised until the start of their camp.
- Staff will supervise the hand sanitization of each student before and after camp, and before and after breaks.
- Children (preschool - 2nd class) will be supervised on toilet breaks to ensure that proper hand hygiene is being followed.
- Older students will be encouraged to wash and sanitize their hands after using the bathroom.
- Each student is required to bring their own clearly labeled water bottle, packed lunch, snack, sun cream and a jumper.
- Time has been allocated between all camps to allow for ventilation of the studios and the disinfection/cleaning of all common areas and high touch points.
- All bathrooms will be cleaned in between each camp.
- Additional staff have been employed to facilitate the above duties.
- All floors will be cleaned daily however if dancers are to sit or roll on the floor during choreography the floor will then be disinfected in between classes.
- Dance mirrors to be washed and disinfected daily.
- Disinfection of common use equipment in between individual uses e.g. pianos and acro airtrack.
- When Centre Stage School are using shared buildings to hold camps we wish to confirm that we have adequate cleaning measures in place to sanitise the facility before and after class in consultation with the management of the shared facility.
- All cleaning duties will be logged and recorded.
- Teaching and administrative staff will wear face coverings at all times.
- Masks for students attending camps are optional.
- Any face covering that is left behind after class will be disposed of safely.
- We ask all parents and visitors to wear face covering while queuing or entering the building.
Safety Education within Centre Stage
- Centre Stage School has 4 fully qualified safety officers - Aideen Mc Auliffe, David O'Connor, Lesley Anne Radcliffe and Grace Moloney who will oversee the implementation of all safety measures stated in this document.
- All other staff members have completed a Covid 19 Infection Prevention and Control diploma with the International School as Aesthetics.
- Clear markings to maintain social distancing within and outside all studios.
- Instructional posters throughout the building on hand washing and sanitisation.
- All staff members will be given a formal induction to all new COVID 19 safety policies and procedures.
- Centre Stage School have an obligation to keep up to date with all NPHET COVID-19 guidelines and revise policies according to changes in regulations or restrictions.
Please click here to see our Covid-19 Compliance Officer Training Qualifications
Please click here to see out Covid-19 Risk Assessment
Please click here to read helpful information about isolation guidelines (from HSE)
We are carefully monitoring the situation and our most important objective is to make sure we conduct business in a safe environment. We will be following all guidelines advised by NPHET and published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) and the HSE.
If you have specific questions or concerns, contact us at email@example.com or call 022 53477